Friday, June 13, 2008

I Pledge Allegiance



Last week Jourdain's school organized a fair that involved his being on stage dancing around with the flag of his choice on his back. I arrived at the show to discover he had chosen, drawn and colored in the flag of --- Panama. When I asked him curiously what made him pick that particular country, he said "Look at it Mama! Can't you see Panama is America! It's the American flag!!" Oh boy.

At home a few days later I decided to print out a copy of the American flag for Jourdain and Cecilia so they may one day recognize where part of them comes from. Cecilia was so excited when I handed it to her that she ran off shouting, "YAY!! JOURDAIN, LOOK! A GABONESE FLAG!!"Looks like I've got my work cut out for me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This was funny :)

itchandscratch said...

Sarah,

We found your blog after receiving news that we will be transferred to Port Gentil in the coming months. Thanks for all your efforts, it has helped us get a feeling for what to expect.

Stephanie & Matt