Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Loango Park II

More scenes from Loango. Come see it with us!!


Above - on the river Below - spot the croc!


Getting to the lodge can take longer than expected

Above - stuck in deep sand Below - driving into the river to board our boat
Looking over the list of activities upon arival at the lodge I saw a canoe coming towards us from a distance. While watching them approach I complained plenty to Diane that we were not informed by staff that this was an option for us and that I really would love to canoe through the mangroves too, blah blah blah and how unfair. Within just a few minutes I realized the ladies I had been watching were possibly not canoing down the river for leisure purposes....

A true mix of French and African cultures in a village en route to the lodge

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great trip to Africa! Eddie and I are enjoying everything.....we haven't finished it all yet...tomorrow we'll sit down together and probably start at the beginning again. I loved the elephants..wow! She really IS in Africa! Thanks, and tell Sarah thanks as well. xoxox

Unknown said...

The preceeding was from Penny Cheever.