Friday, June 23, 2006

Weekend Beach BBQs





















Many people ask us how we're handling life in Africa, assuming, it seems, that we live in a grass hut. In answer to that I must say that life is actually not bad at all here on the equator! We're enjoying this crazy expat life filled with social activites like meeting with friends at one of our homes for a wall-projected movie each week (closest movie theater is a plane-ride away), or last-minute sunset barbeques with friends, kids and all the newly-adopted stray puppies we've taken on. It's a bit like being back in college, only the food's better and there aren't any mid-terms. It feels a lot like I imagine life on those US sitcoms where neighbors pop cheerily in and out of each other's kitchens to snack and share the latest chit chat. Very social, and very laid back. What more could we ask for, really? Even if we do have to live in a grass hut.

1 comment:

Franglais Expats said...

Thanks Alissa! I'm having a lot of fun doing this too. I'm sure I come across as a serious geek, but what the hell. Got loads of pix and stories still to catch up on from all these months so far!! I'll keep on blogging away! XXOO